Modumetal is pre-revenue technology company focused on the development and commercialization of nanolaminated metal alloys for industrial applications. The company has successfully commercialized its first corrosion resistant technology (NanoGalv®) for fastener applications and has seen rapid adoption in coastal, marine, and offshore facilities by oil & gas producers. Expansion of this technology for use in additional manufacturing and infrastructure sectors is also expected.
The Sr. Sales Manager - Fasteners is an individual contributor role that will be responsible for building a robust pipeline for the sale of NanoGalv® coated fasteners to clients within the Energy & Infrastructure sectors. Primary focus will be Engineering & Construction companies involved with Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Power, and/or Offshore Marine projects.
This position is based in Houston TX and only domestic travel (20-30%) is expected.
The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate the following characteristics:
Strong integrity, motivated, results driven individual (i.e., driven to close sales)
Demonstrated track record of selling to Distributors, EPC’s & OEM’s
Assertive and focused on the identification, qualification and closing of new business
Ability to conduct a consultative sales process in a technical environment
Ability to make credible technical sales presentations
Ability to develop and implement a strategic sales plan for key opportunities
Ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with prospective customers
Experience selling in a team environment and guiding/translating technical discussions between company and prospective customers
Basic understanding of the fastener market, API and ASTM standards and specification is preferred
Ability to extract feedback from customers to improve value proposition and overall sales approach
Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Building sales pipeline of qualified opportunities to achieve assigned revenue targets
- Working in tandem with new prospective customers to get product added to Standards & Specifications, Approved Vendor Lists, and reference databases
- Effective communication of Modumetal value proposition to prospective and existing customers
- Identifying and establish relationships with key decision influencers
- Maintaining up to date information in CRM database
- Building effective strategic sales and account management plans
- Make effective use of industry groups, conferences and trade events to expand network and increase awareness of Modumetal offerings
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty striving for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication.
- 4-5 years of proven, over quota sales achievement selling similar products into Energy & Infrastructure sectors. Strong knowledge of Fastener and/or Coating sales is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field is preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Formal sales training is preferred
- Proven communication and organizational skills to inspire, coordinate, communicate, and implement company goals
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and manage confidential information
- Must work independently and as a member of team
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Able to read, speak and write English
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, fire proof clothing and hard hats when needed for offsite visits
- Dependability, reliability, fulfilling responsibilities
Modumetal offers a competitive base salary, sales incentive, car allowance, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401K.